When seeking out the best baby clothes for your precious new bundle of joy, you’ll want to keep in mind that you’re looking for items that are comfortable, versatile, and stylish. Few things are more exciting than selecting your new baby’s wardrobe, but you want to make sure you’re choosing items that will last and keep your baby cozy.
Your biggest concern when purchasing baby clothing should be the child’s comfort. Although it’s tempting to stock up on adorable embroidered dresses and pleated pants, sometimes these features can be irritating on a new baby’s fresh skin. Everything you purchase in the first six months should be soft and comfortable. You’ll also want to consider how easy these items are to remove because you’ll be spending a lot of time changing diapers. Bodysuits with snap bottoms are typically the easiest article of clothing for quick diaper changes.
7 types of baby clothes every parent needs:
1. Bodysuits: One of the most important items of the category of baby clothes that you certainly want to stock up on are bodysuits which are available in short and long sleeves. This clothing article makes it easy for both mom and dad to change diapers with a snap closure to the bottom.
2. Sleepwear: As you probably expect, your newborn will spend a lot of his or her time sleeping the first few months of living, so buying plenty of sleepwear is a good idea as your infant will sport a lot of it in his or her first year of life.
3. Burp Cloths and Bibs: If you carry your baby home first, you’ll be surprised at how fast you’re going through dirty burp cloths and bibs. Newborns are susceptible to drooling and vomiting as they learn how to nurse, so it is important that they stock up on these accessories.
4. Jackets and Outerwear: Even if you live in a region where warm weather prevails most of the year, you’ll want some baby jackets and outerwear on hand because newborns need help regulating their body temperature. The temperature of your baby’s body can rise and fall rapidly as he or she grows. If you take them out even for a short time, you’ll want to wrap them in a blanket or jacket (unless it’s hot outside, of course, in which case you want to make sure they don’t overheat).
5. Shoes and Socks: Even if it will take your baby some time to learn how to stand alone, shoes are needed to keep their toes dry. Plus, adorable little baby shoes can truly pull a cute outfit together.
6. Swaddles and Blankets: While baby clothes are an integral part of getting your newborn ready, swaddles and blankets in the first few months are even more vital. You’ll want to tuck the baby up in a soft blanket throughout the day to
keep him or her warm and comfortable. You should keep the infant wrapped up in a blanket whenever you are traveling with the baby, particularly on your way home from the hospital. Swaddles are a very useful item to purchase before the baby is born since they can be securely wrapped around the newborn. Swaddles and blankets are some of the most important items of baby clothes available in a variety of cute patterns and colors.
7. Bath Gear: Overlooked at times, the bathing gear is another important accessory baby that will need once home. Children’s wear towels are designed with hoods to make the whole baby’s body easy to dry off once bath time is up.